Wouldn’t you love to be able to help pay the bills around your house? Because if you’ve been a stay at home mom for more than 2 seconds, then you probably already know that finding ideas to make money isn’t easy.
I know all too well what it feels like being a stay at home mom with no money — and it’s no fun!
Because there are times when you want extra money to do little things — like going to see the latest movie, taking a trip with your kids to the zoo, or taking a weekend getaway with your spouse (without the kids!).
Plus, learning how to make extra money can also help you build and grow your savings, or get caught up on bills if you fall behind.
So whether you have only an extra hour or 10 hours a week, there are PLENTY of ideas for you to make money that you just don’t know about yet!
I’ve included the best ways to make money online, with side hustles, and even ways to make money from selling things below.
60 Ways Stay at Home Moms Can Make Money
Make Money Online
1. Start a Parenting Blog – You’d be creating a useful resource for other moms and can make money from it too! You don’t need to be a tech genius or have any previous writing experience to get started. This step-by-step tutorial will show you how!
2. Participate in paid surveys – There are a lot of bad surveys sites out there, but the survey companies I recommend you sign up for include Survey Junkie, InboxDollars, Swagbucks, and Harris Poll Online — because the more survey companies you join, the more money you will make!
3. Use Ebates – If you’re shopping online and you’re not using Rakuten, then you’re leaving a lot of free money on the table. Rakuten pays you cash back on whatever you order online at your favorite stores and retailers like Amazon, Walmart, Macy’s, Target & more! Plus, signing up is FREE!
4. Use Swagbucks to search the web – Swagbucks will pay you in free cash and Amazon gift cards when you use their free platform to complete your online searches, answer surveys, shop online, watch videos, and so much more! Plus, signing up is FREE!
5. Tutor kids online – Sign up with VIPKid here so you can teach the English language to Chinese kids in your spare time! VIPKid Teachers earn $14-22/hour.
6. Test websites on UserTesting.com
7. Become a virtual assistant for small business owners and bloggers
8. Start a food blog – If you love to cook and have recipes you’d like to share, then you should definitely start a food blog! Pinterest loves food bloggers because it’s one of the main reasons people come to Pinterest. It doesn’t matter if they need something quick & easy, clean & healthy, or super sweet–users rely on Pinterest for them all! You can learn how to start a blog here (perfect for beginners!).
9. Becoming a freelance writer for blogs and websites is a great way to make money as a stay at home mom
10. Become an Instagram Influencer – Use your account to focus on home decor, style, food, etc, grow your following, and make money from paid shoutouts.
11. Start a YouTube Channel – Create helpful and fun videos, grow your subscribers, and make money from ads (the more views your videos get, the more money you’ll make!)
12. Become a virtual customer service assistant
13. Teach an online course on Udemy
Make Money with Side Hustles
14. Refurbish furniture – You can flip items you find at thrift and antique stores to resell for profit.
15. Walk your neighbors’ dogs
16. Babysit for other moms – Especially when they need help running errands or have a date night.
17. Become a travel agent
18. House sitting – When school is out and everyone else is traveling, you can offer house-sitting services.
19. Teach Zumba or yoga
20. Offer freezer cooking classes – There are many moms (like me!) that are too busy to spend 7 nights a week in a kitchen. So you can offer freezer cooking classes in your area that shows them how to make ahead delicious meals.
21. Teach a prenatal fitness class
22. Run errands for busy and/or elderly people – You can do stuff like buy groceries, take clothes to be laundered, pay bills, etc.
23. Become a mystery shopper
24. Become a family photographer – All you need is a good quality starter camera, watch a few YouTube videos, and begin practicing on your kids. Before you know it, you’ll be good (and confident!) enough to start snapping pics for all of your mommy friends!
25. Clean homes
26. Offer makeup services for brides and teens going to prom
27. Become an Independent Consultant – You can partner with companies to sell products/services you love (Mary Kay, Scentsy, Young Living, etc)
28. Cut or style hair
29. Drive for Lyft or Uber – My mom recently signed up with Lyft and made almost $500 in her first week!
30. Coach a little league sport (cheerleading, gymnastics, softball, tennis, etc.)
31. Become a kids birthday party planner
32. Character dress-up (princesses, clowns, etc)
33. Interior design homes and apartments
34. Mulch flower beds or plant flowers
35. Tend to gardens
36. Become a social media manager
37. Become a wedding planner
38. Recycle metal cans and glass
39. Set up websites for other people
40. Offer graphic design services
41. Become a personal chef – You can set your own hours and limit the number of clients you cook for.
42. Pet sitting
43. Start a home daycare – It naturally makes sense right!? You’re already at home, why not watch a few more kids along with your own?
44. Become a substitute teacher
45. Start a life coaching business
46. Become a home organizer
Make Money from Selling Things
47. Sell your handmade crafts, calligraphy, and more on Etsy
48. Sell services on Fiverr (with upgrades)
49. Sell baked goods
50. Sell personalized kids clothing (onesies, bibs, etc)
51. Sell used electronics on eBay
52. Sell stuff lying around your house on Craigslist
53. Sell unwanted gift cards on Cardpool
54. Sell your kids old toys
55. Sell your kids outgrown clothes
56. Make and sell custom invitations
57. Crotchet things (like scarves, headbands, baby shoes, etc) to sell them
58. Sell homemade meals
59. Bake and sell custom birthday cakes
60. Sell your used furniture
I hope you see that you don’t have to go out and get a job outside the home just to make money if you don’t want to! Because it IS totally possible to do it from home with all of these new ideas you can try.
More Money-Making Ideas:
- 7 Frugal Hobbies That Will Help You Make Money On The Side
- 10 Stay At Home Mom Jobs That Make Over $1000 A Month From Home
- 30 Things To Sell Right Now for Extra Cash
- 8 Free and Easy Ways to Make Money With Your Smartphone
- How To Earn Extra Cash for Shopping Online (Hint: It’s FREE!)
- How to Start A Mom Blog That Makes Money Step by Step (for beginners!)
Do you have any ideas for stay at home moms to make money? Share them below.